During Covid, libraries have been closed and I have been unable to off the wildly popular “Dogsmarts 101″ presentation. A few months ago, I offered this presentation on Facebook live. Please click here for a link. Below is a summary of how to create a successful environment for your dog.
What dogs need:
- A place of their own
- Veterinary care
- “No” is not a cue and is not specific
- Use rewards: treats, toys, life rewards
- Know what motivates your dog
- Be quick and generous when teaching a cue
- “Listen” to your dog’s body language
- Be consistent
Looking for a top notch dog trainer/behavior expert in Greater Fort Lauderdale? Please call Oh Behave Dog Training at 954-587-2711 now for a free phone consultation.